- mutilated pony found in Hampshire ditch, police say “it would appear that its body has been mutilated to prevent it from being identified or its owners traced.”
- filly with broken neck found in Buckinghamshire. “It was emaciated, had a broken neck and both hind legs were bound together and the rope tied to a gatepost. It is thought that the pony was tied to the gate while on the back of a trailer and was pulled off the vehicle and onto the road as it moved off.”
- pony freezes to death after being trapped in a lake in Carmarthenshire.
- Devon man caught on CCTV committing bestiality with horses over ten month period.
- a herd of seventy stray, abandoned horses is causing chaos in Llanelli.
- a seventeen-year-old Australian teenager has been charged with animal cruelty after dragging a Shetland pony stallion behind his car on Christmas day.
Good news? Good news there is!
- Anapka the parasailing Russian donkey has a new home.
- fourteen of the most vulnerable horses rescued from Spindles Farm by the Horse Trust are now thriving.
- the wonderful Horse Rescue Fund in Norfolk is preparing for a springtime sponsored walk to raise money. They’re a great small charity who re-home most of their horses and have been campaigning against the live transport of horses for slaughter for decades. I knew a couple of their rescues – Woodstock and Orlando – at Cringleford Riding School in the eighties. One of their current residents snapped by me, below:
Leave a comment