- Professional child jockeys (as young as 4) in Indonesia (SBS)
- Virtual racehorses on the game Digiturf sell for $7,000 and $9,000. (ESPN)
- The Tennessee Walking Horse National Celebration goes ahead, although welfare concerns knock out some leading competitors. DIg into the comments here. (Tennessean)
- The number of horses slaughtered in Ireland this year appears to have fallen by half since 2012 – a good thing. The government are still organising a horse disposal scheme. (Irish Independent)
- Mongolians and their horses (The Diplomat)
- The results of a study into the deaths of feral walers culled by helicopter gunmen in Australia. (Horse Talk NZ)
Published by Susanna Forrest
Writer Amazons of Paris, The Age of the Horse and If Wishes Were Horses.
View more posts
Thanks for those links. The one about the child jockeys was an eye opener.
Leave a comment